Creative Irish cuisine, inspired use of the finest seasonal ingredients from the West of Ireland and an extensive wine cellar make any stay at Ashford Castle a gourmet’s delight.
Chef Philippe Farineau, gives fine expression to the dishes offered in the four main dining rooms – whether it’s fine dining in the grandeur of the George V Dining Room, casual dining in the comfortable setting of Cullen’s at the Cottage or The Dungeon, or a delightful Afternoon Tea in the elegant Connaught Room.
Many years ago, afternoon tea in Ashford Castle was served in Drawing Room along with lunch. At that time, afternoon tea was served buffet-style. In modern-day Ashford Castle, Afternoon Tea is served is served on glorious, orante silver stands.
Head Pastry Chef, Paula Stakelum, delights guests daily with a selection of tempting treats:
- Home-made traditional pastries
- Cupcakes decorated with hand-picked wild flowers from the garden
- Warm scones with thick cream and home-made jam
- Delicate finger sandwiches with a selection of classic fillings
- A wide choice of fine teas from around the world
- Champagne Afternoon Tea for special occasions