Creative Irish cuisine, inspired use of the finest seasonal ingredients from the West of Ireland and an extensive wine cellar make any stay at Ashford Castle a gourmet’s delight.
Chef Stefan Matz, twice voted Ireland’s Chef of the Year, gives fine expression to the dishes offered in the four main dining rooms – whether it’s fine dining in the grandeur of the George V Dining Room, casual dining in the comfortable setting of Cullen’s at the Cottage or Cullen's at the Dungeon, or a delightful Afternoon Tea in the elegant Connaught Room.
Head Pastry Chef, Paula Stakelum, delights guests daily with a selection of tempting treats:
- Home-made traditional pastries
- Cupcakes decorated with hand-picked wild flowers from the garden
- Warm scones with thick cream and home-made jam
- Delicate finger sandwiches with a selection of classic fillings
- A wide choice of fine teas from around the world
- Champagne Afternoon Tea for special occasions