Job Reference: ASH_ABLMgr
The Food and Beverage department is looking for a Assistant Bar and Lounge Manager to join the team. You should have a proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and an approachable and friendly personality.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support the Bar & Lounge Manager in ensuring efficient, friendly and professional service within the outlets, ensuring that they meet the required Hotel/Leading Hotels of the World/RCH Service Standards
- To monitor daily operations within the outlets, liaising closely with the Bar & Lounge Manager, Director of Food & Beverage and the Executive Head Chef to ensure that the F&B operation is organised effectively to meet daily business needs
- To manage the F&B service in the absence of the Restaurant Manager, taking ownership of the operation to ensure that all guests receive an efficient, friendly and professional service at all times
- To be fully aware of Hotel Function Sheets and Guest Bookings, ensuring each outlet has sufficient equipment, resources and staffing levels to meet the business demands
- To work positively towards ensuring that both hotel and departmental goals and objectives are achieved successfully
- To oversee with the Bar & Lounge Manager the secure storage of beverage, stocktaking & use of Procurement software to company standard
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Bar and Lounge Manager position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday Although not necessary, a Hospitality related degree and previous experience in a supervisory role would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Bar & Lounge Manager position should:
- Significant experience in a similar Food and Beverage function
- Posses strong knowledge and passion for Food and Beverage
- Good ability to manage all cost controls e.g. food cost, labour etc.
- Experience of staff training, rotas, financial reporting, stock control and ordering
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good ability to handle pressurized situations and busy periods
- Flexible, Innovative and adaptable
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Excellent remuneration package
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection, The Travel Corporation and some UK Relais & Châteaux properties
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)
Ashford Castle is an Equal Opportunities Employer