Job Reference: ASH_DCDP
The Kitchen department is looking for a Demi Chef de Partie to join the team. You should have a proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and an approachable and friendly personality.
Key responsibilities include:
- To prepare and produce food for your section, adhering to the recipe and standard presentation of all dishes, demonstrating skill and attention to detail
- Assist and support the day to day running of your section and all staff working in your section
- To be aware of all functions, banquets etc taking place onsite, ensuring that you pre-plan dishes appropriately to the agreed standard, while being mindful of stock control
- Plan your time effectively in order to carry out your responsibilities in the most efficient manner
- Maintain a good working relationship with all kitchen and restaurant staff
- Adhere to Food Hygiene and HACCP Regulations and monitor the Commis Chef’s compliance.
The ideal candidate for the Demi Chef de Partie position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the Demi Chef de Partie position should:
- Hold a formal qualification in professional Chef/Culinary skills
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, working within a 4 or 5 Star Kitchen
- Have a passion about food and an interest in working within a fine sining environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection, The Travel Corporation and some UK Relais & Châteaux properties
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)
Ashford Castle is an Equal Opportunities Employer