Job Reference: ASH_NP
The Front Office department is looking for a Night Porter to join the team. You should have a proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and an approachable and friendly personality.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the fire, health and safety and security of the hotel guests and property during your shift
- To deal with all late arrivals and early departures in a friendly and efficient manner
- To answer the switchboard and hotel telephone and direct the calls appropriately, deal with any queries that may arise
- Run necessary night audits, room set ups, etc
- Routine cleaning of public areas.
The ideal candidate for the Night Porter position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the Night Porter position should:
- Minimum of 1 years previous experience in a hotel eeception/porter role
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Have a passion for guest care and hospitality
- Have excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be flexible, innovative and adaptable
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection, The Travel Corporation and some UK Relais & Châteaux properties
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)