Job Reference: ASH_RSGV
We are currently looking for a Restaurant Supervisor to join our team in our Fine Dining George V Restaurant, one of our 5 star Food & Beverage outlets within Ashford Castle.
Key responsibilities include:
- To work in conjunction with the Restaurant Management team in ensuring efficient, friendly and professional service within the outlet, ensuring that the required Hotel/Leading Hotels of the World/RCH service standards are met
- Monitor daily operations within the outlets, to ensure that the Food & Beverage operation is organised effectively to meet daily business needs
- To be fully aware of hotel function sheets and guest bookings, ensuring the restaurant has sufficient equipment, resources and staffing levels to meet the business demands
- To assist the management team in implementing cost control and stock control measures.
- To be actively involved in all aspects of daily operations in a ‘hands on’ capacity
The ideal candidate for the Restaurant Supervisor position will be a motivated and driven individual, who has a passion for Food & Beverage, guest care and hospitality. This is a full time position, the successful candidate would need to be available to work five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the position should:
- Significant previous experience in a fine dining Food & Beverage function
- Possess a strong knowledge and passion for Food & Beverage
- Good ability to manage all cost controls e.g. food cost, labour etc
- Experience of staff training, rotas, financial reporting, stock control and ordering
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good ability to handle pressurized situations and busy periods
- Flexible, innovative and adaptable
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
Although not necessary, a Hospitality related degree and previous experience in a supervisory role would be beneficial. This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection, The Travel Corporation and some UK Relais & Châteaux properties
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)