Welcome to Ashford Castle, part of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection and a proud member of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World. Our special partnership reflects our shared values, passion and commitment towards sustainable travel, preserving our environment for generations to come.
- Wake up amid regal splendor in a historic castle, and enjoy a full Irish breakfast.
- Treat yourself to a fine dining experience at the George V Dining Room, or venture into age-old stone tunnels beneath the castle to get to the wine cellars for a tasting.
- Go exploring by bike along more than 20 miles of trails, play golf on the property’s nine-hole course, or head out on hikes along the lakeshore.
- Watch a movie in the castle cinema, or shoot pool among stately antiques in the Billiards Room.
- Enjoy access to all kinds of activities that befit the Irish countryside: falconry, horseback riding, archery, fly-fishing, zip-lining, and much more.
At Ashford Castle, National Geographic guests can step back in time with a local historian, who will share tales from the long and colourful history of the castle. Find out how the influential Guinness family helped preserve this castle, and peruse the original albums of Lady Ardilaun, a treasure trove of Irish history that few have seen.
Islands of Lough Corrib
Foraging at Ashford Castle