Explore the estate on two wheels
Cycling is a great way to discover the incredible surroundings – getting fit and having fun at the same time! The Ashford Estate itself has some great cycling trails and the countryside, with its relatively quiet roads and spectacular scenery, is a cyclist’s idea of heaven. Cycle hire is available at the hotel and we can suggest a variety of popular routes.
If you are looking to improve your technique, then you have come to the right place. Improve your skills with a mountain bike lesson and choose between a private one-to-one or a group session. From beginners to advanced cyclists, our qualified MBLA instructor is on hand to offer advice and tips.
For the more enthusiastic rider we can arrange guided bike tours which is an amazing opportunity to see Cong and learn of its history and heritage. Departing at 10am or 2pm daily, the tour duration is 2 hours and caters for all levels of ability.
Glide along the Lough
Enjoy kayaking on the River Cong accompanied by your very own experienced guide. It's a great way to spend an afternoon and is suitable for all ages and levels of fitness.
Our three hour Pedal and Paddle experience is the perfect opportunity to explore the Ashford Estate firstly by bike and then by water. Catering for all levels from beginners to the more experienced, the tour starts with a cycle along the quiet leafy lanes that lead to huge expanses of mountains and valleys. You'll travel along the river bank and take in the breathtaking views of the Ashford Estate, and out onto Lough Corrib in your kayaks where you'll discover the wonderful peace and tranquillity of this beautiful location.
Depart at 10am or 2pm.
- Adults €25.00 for half-day or €40.00 for full-day, per bicycle
- Children (Under 16) €20.00 for half-day or €30.00 for full-day, per bicycle
- Private 90 minute cycle tour - €50.00 per adult, €35.00 per child, minimum age 8 years
- Connemara three hour guided cycle tour €90 per person (three people minimum), minimum age 8 years
- Private two - three hour guided tour €90.00 per person (two people minimum), minimum age 8 years
- Private 1.5 hour Family Mountain bike lesson and trail ride - €50.00 per adult, €35.00 per child, minimum age 6 years
- €75.00 per adult, for two hours. €55.00 for children (between 8 and 16 years). A minimum of 2 people applies.
- Corrib Kayak Tour, €90.00 per person, for three hours €65.00 for children (between 8 and 16 years). A minimum of 3 people applies.
Pedal & Paddle experience
- €90.00 per paddler, for three hours. Minimum group size two people.