Explore the estate on two wheels
Cycling is a great way to discover the incredible surroundings – getting fit and having fun at the same time! The Ashford Estate itself has some great cycling trails and the countryside, with its relatively quiet roads and spectacular scenery, is a cyclist’s idea of heaven. Cycle hire is available at the hotel and we can suggest a variety of popular routes.
If you are looking to improve your technique, then you have come to the right place. Improve your skills with a mountain bike lesson and choose between a private one-to-one or a group session. From beginners to advanced cyclists, our qualified MBLA instructor is on hand to offer advice and tips.
For the more enthusiastic rider we can arrange guided bike tours which is an amazing opportunity to see Cong and learn of its history and heritage. Departing at 10am or 2pm daily, the tour duration is 2 hours and caters for all levels of ability.
Glide along the Lough
Enjoy kayaking on the River Cong accompanied by your very own experienced guide. It's a great way to spend an afternoon and is suitable for all ages and levels of fitness.
Our three hour Pedal and Paddle experience is the perfect opportunity to explore the Ashford Estate firstly by bike and then by water. Catering for all levels from beginners to the more experienced, the tour starts with a cycle along the quiet leafy lanes that lead to huge expanses of mountains and valleys. You'll travel along the river bank and take in the breathtaking views of the Ashford Estate, and out onto Lough Corrib in your kayaks where you'll discover the wonderful peace and tranquillity of this beautiful location.
Depart at 10am or 2pm.
Please note: Advance bookings are highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
- Half day bike rental - €25.00 per adult, €20.00 per child (under 16)
- Full day bike rental - €40.00 per adult, €30.00 per child (under 16)
- Private 90 minute cycle tour - €55.00 per adult, €35.00 per child, minimum 2 people and age minimum 8 years
- Connemara three hour guided cycle tour - €110 per adult (three people minimum)
- 2-3 hour mountain bike lesson & trail ride - €90.00 per adult, €60.00 per child (minimum age 8 years). Minimum of two people
Two-hour Corrib kayaking - €75.00 per adult, €55.00 per child(minimum age eight). Minimum of two people. Departure at 10am or 2pm
Pedal & Paddle experience
Three-hour Pedal and Paddle tour (cycle and kayaking tour) - €90.00 per adult, €65.00 per child (minimum age eight). Minimum of three people
- Two-hour Stand Up Paddle Boarding - €75.00 per adult, €55.00 per child (minimum age eight and comfortable in water)