Riders will be in their element
The ancient forest is steeped in history and heritage and the beautiful woodland paths and spectacular scenery from the saddle will captivate novice and experienced riders alike. From the shores of Lough Corrib, Lough Mask and into the mountains of Connemara to the west, the area couldn’t be more magical for riding.
Situated within easy walking distance of the castle, trail rides and lessons are available for all ages and abilities and are accompanied by an experienced guide. Hard hats and Jodhpur boots are provided.
Please note: Advance bookings are highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
From 1 hour trail riding to half-day or full-day rides for the more experienced, we will match each rider to their horse and offer a little tuition before heading out on the trail.
Riding lessons for all abilities are available in the indoor and outdoor arenas - perfect for those who are starting out or those who want to improve.
A pony ride is the perfect introduction for little ones aged 4+. Starting in the arena then progressing outside, ponies are led at all times by a guide on foot.
Carriage rides are a great way of exploring the incredible estate. Seating four adults or two adults and three children, soak up the lake-side scenery or head deeper into the forest to visit Danagher’s house from the Quiet Man movie.
Carriage rides are currently unavailable until further notice.
- €70.00 per adult, €60 per child (under 16) for a 1 hour trail ride (maximum of 6 riders at one time)
- €125.00 per adult, €95 per child (under 16) for a 2 hour trail ride (maximum of 6 riders at one time)
- €165.00 per adult (two person minimum)
- €80.00 per adult, €70 per child (under 16) for 45 minutes
Children's Pony Rides
- €35.00 for 30 minutes (minimum 4 years of age)
Woodland Carriage Tour
- Seating four adults or two adults and three children €120.00 for 1 hour
Possible weight limitations: If anyone in your party weighs 102 kilograms, 225 pounds, 16 stone or more please contact us to discuss your equestrian activity so we can ensure we have a suitable horse available.